You’re already making your list of things to sew for holiday gifts. You’re checking it twice. In true holiday spirit, you’re probably uttering profanities under your breath when you think of all you have left to do. Meanwhile, people are starting to ask what you might want, or you’re thinking about all of your crafty friends who you’re fairly certain do not want another mug rug because everyone in your guild makes a mug rug every year and HOW MANY MUG RUGS DOES ONE PERSON NEED.
Thankfully, we’ve got you covered with our RST Holiday Gift Guide for the
Selfish Crafty. You’ve probably seen the totally amazing handmade gift guides out there, but we wanted to try something new and give you some ideas for… well, you. We’re sweet like that. Print this out, leave it in a conspicuous location, and BOOM: done. (Or, if you have a crafty person on your shopping list, check out our suggestions!) While there are a few big-ticket items, most are very reasonably priced and perfect for stocking stuffers. There’s sure to be something on here guaranteed to make you or the makers in your life very happy indeed!
Gifts for Sewing Noobs
1. Clover Wonder Clips. $6.95 for a pack of 10.
2. Clover magnetic pin caddy. $16.25.
3. Clover desk needle threader. $16.25
4. Seam Fix seam ripper and thread remover. $6.99.
5. Gingher 8″ knife-edge dressmaker’s shears. $30.
6. School of Sewing by Shea Henderson. $24.95. (Read our review!)
Gifts for Quilters
1. Clover Kuroha thread clippers. $16.75.
2. Roxette thimble from Colonial Needle. $19.95. (Fitting instructions here.)
3. Flatter smoothing spray by Soak. $12 for 8.4 oz. bottle
4. Robert Kaufman Kona Cotton Solids Patchwork City fat quarter bundle in Winter. $69.95 at your LQS.
5. John James easy-threading needles. (Perfect for burying threads.) $1.79.
6. Right Sides Together “Speed Demon” V-neck tee. $24.
Gifts for Garment Sewists
1. Pilot Frixion heat-erasable pens. $2.98 each.
2. Juki 734DE serger. $769.
3. Soak fiber wash in Yuzu. $10 for 3 oz. bottle.
4. Merchant and Mills Bamboo Point Turner. $7.
5. Swedish sewable tracing paper. $10.99 per roll.
Gifts for Stitchy Kids
1. Penguin and Fish animal hand embroidery kits. $18.
2. Namaste “Oh, Snap!” mesh bag set. $21.
3. A Kid’s Guide to Sewing by Sophie Kerr with Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. $21.95.
4. Gingher 7″ lightweight bent trimmers. $15.
5. Pilot Frixion heat-erasable pen set in assorted colors. $15.98.
For the Sewist with Everything
1. Right Sides Together “Deep Throat” unisex crew. $24.
2. Gold-plated Roxanne thimble. $54.29.
3. Tutto Machine on Wheels $190 to $240.
4. Oliso Pro Smart iron with iTouch technology. $199.
5. The Little Spark: 30 Ways to Ignite Your Creativity by Carrie Bloomston. $19.95.
6. Gingher rotary cutter. $70.
What crafty items are on your shopping list this holiday season?
P. S. If you liked this post, you'll love the Wordcraft + Right Sides Together newsletter. Get weekly blog posts and craft writing tips delivered right to your inbox! Sign up here.