By the time you read this on Thursday, we’ll either be
sucking down sangria working in Houston or on the plane on our way there. It’s time again for Quilt Market, the time when fabric designers, quilt makers, shop owners—and whatever the hell I am—all gather at the convention center in Houston to wheel and deal the newest fabric, patterns, and tools. We are excited to go for so many reasons: buying new goods for Tabby, stocking up at Sample Spree, meeting friends and colleagues both old and new, attending Friday’s Schoolhouse series to learn about new trends and techniques in the quilting world…it’s going to be awesome.
While we’re sure there’s going to be so much more to report on during Market itself (make sure to follow us on Instagram as we share our findings live!), we’ve made a list of stuff we’re really excited to see at Fall Quilt Market 2014
– “Doe” by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman
– The latest Cotton + Steel collection (including “Bespoke,” a line of double gauze!) – “Priory Square” by Katy Jones, “Skopelos” by Katarina Roccella, “Gossamer” by Sharon Holland, and “Morning Walk” by Leah Duncan for Art Gallery
– Alison Glass’s modern batik line “Handcrafted” for Andover– School of Sewing, Shea Henderson’s new book of beginning sewing projects for Lucky Spool
– Rumors of new modern prints all over fabulous substrates: knits, corduroys, linens…
– Tons more, but we’ve gotta go pack!
Follow us this weekend as we bring you the news and previews from Market… and definitely check back with us on Friday as we do a little “unveiling” of our own! (Spoiler alert: we’re going to sell T-shirts, they are awesome, and we’re giving our first buyers a deal. How ’bout them apples?)
– If you haven’t yet, be sure to enter to win a set of awesomeness (Flatter, Soak, and Handmade) from Jacqueline Sava of Soak! We’re having an awesome giveaway through the weekend; don’t miss out!